The EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) concerning the protection of personal data, requires to provide data subjects with precise information regarding the processing of their personal data.
Therefore, Galileo Network S.p.a., in his position of Data Controller, would like to inform you of what personal data we collect, the reasons why we use and share such data, how long we store them, your rights and how to exercise them.
DETAILS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Controller is Galileo Network S.p.A., with registered office in Via Savelli 56 – 35129 PADOVA – ITALY.
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Controller has designated a Data Protection Officer that you can contact for all matters related to the processing of your personal data via the email address [email protected]
A. PURPOSE AND METHOD OF PROCESSING THE PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data are acquired from the Galileo Network S.p.A. company website for the following purposes:
- Feedback to your requests collected through the Contact Form;
- Communication, marketing and promotional activities also through the sending of newsletters, through the use of all available automated and non-automated means of communication (such as paper mail, telephone, electronic address, fax, SMS and the like).
The personal data processing for the purposes listed will include all the operations mentioned in art. 4 paragraph 2 of the GDPR 679/2016 and necessary for the processing in question, including the communication to the subjects referred to in the following point D).
The processing of data is done through the use of tools and procedures that guarantee security and confidentiality and it can be carried out either by paper means, or through the use of information technology by personnel specially appointed.
B. LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING DATA – OBLIGATORY OR OPTIONAL NATURE OF DATA SUPPLY
- For the purposes referred to in point A.1), the legal basis of the processing lies in pre-contractual activities resulting from your request. The provision of data is optional, however a refusal to provide them may make it impossible to enter the data in our archive and consequently to give a feedback to your request;
- For the purposes referred to in point A.2) your consent is required, which we ask you to freely express by ticking the appropriate checkbox in the specific sections of your data collection. The provision of data is optional. You may decide not to give your consent, or to withdraw it at any time. Failure to provide the requested data or lack of consent has no other consequence than the impossibility to accomplish the purposes indicated
C. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
To achieve the purposes described in point A, Galileo Network collects only common personal data, such as, for example, the following categories of personal data: first name, last name, email address, telephone number.
D. CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data will not be disclosed, with this term being intended to give knowledge of them to indeterminate subjects in any way, however they may be noticed to certain subjects such as:
- company employees, to allow the processing of data for the purposes indicated and the storage of data as required by the Galileo Network S.p.A. security standards, as well as consultants or professionals who perform work on behalf of Galileo Network S.p.A. These subjects are authorized to process the data as Data Processors in accordance with the provisions of Article 29 of the GDPR or Data Processors pursuant to Article 28 of the GDPR;
- companies in controlling relationship and / or connection with Galileo Network S.p.A;
- authorities for legal obligations.
The data will not be transferred to third countries outside the European Union or to international organizations.
E. DATA CONSERVATION PERIOD
Personal data collected for the purposes indicated in the previous point A.1) will be processed and stored for the time necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
Personal data collected for the purposes indicated in the previous point A.2) will be processed and stored up to a maximum of 24 months, then they will be deleted, unless otherwise indicated by the data subject. They will be deleted or made anonymous in case you withdraw your consent.
F. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECT
Galileo Network recognizes these rights:
- ask the Data Controller to access to your personal data to rectify or delete them or to limit the processing that concerns you or to oppose the processing, in addition to the right to data portability, where applicable;
- withdraw the consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- propose a complaint to the Privacy Authority, located in Piazza Venezia n.11 – 00187 Rome ITALY.
You can exercise your rights by writing to: [email protected], indicating in the object Galileo Network S.p.A. – Rif. Privacy.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON COOKIES
Cookies are text files containing sets of information that are stored in your computer or mobile devices every time you access a site via a browser. Every time you visit the site again, your browser sends these cookies to the website that originated them or to another site. Cookies allow sites to remember some information that makes online navigation simple and quick.
According to the aims pursued, the cookies used by websites can be divided into three categories described below:
- absolutely necessary or so-called “technical” cookies: they are vital to navigate the sites visited and use some functions. Without these cookies, some online services requested by the user (i.e. access to reserved areas) cannot be supplied.
- performance cookies: gather anonymous information and allow understanding how users interact with the visited site. For instance they tell which pages have been most visited, the time spent on the site, any error messages, etc. Performance cookies gather information on an aggregate basis and anonymously, and are used to improve the site operation and users’ surfing experience.
- functional cookies: allow the site to remember the choices made by the user (such as the size of the font of the viewed text, language preference, etc.) and to supply the customised functions you have selected. In some cases these cookies can be used also to offer online services or to avoid offering services or messages you have already refused in the past.
According to their lifetime, cookies can be:
- session (or temporary): they are cancelled when the browser is closed;
- long-term: they are stored as a file, even after the browser is closed and they are cancelled after a set time.
According to the website or domain they come from, cookies can be:
- first-party (or proprietary): they are the cookies set directly by the sites visited by the user that is the websites whose address has been entered by the user (displayed in the URL bar). They are managed by the domain that generated them.
- third-party: these cookies are set by a website other than the one visited by the user. They are managed by domains other than the ones visited.
DESCRIPTION OF THE COOKIES USED IN THE GALILEO NETWORK S.P.A. WEBSITE
This site uses various types of cookies, for various purposes:
- system functional and technical first-party cookies (i.e. during authentication, authorization and navigation services accessed via registration);
- third-party cookies, specifically those issued by aggregate analysis tools such as Google Analystics.
This information is used to trace and examine the use of the website by the user, draw up reports on the site activities and supply other services connected to the site activities and the use of the Internet. Users who do not wish any Google Analytics cookies can prevent them from being stored on their computers or mobiles via the appropriate “Google Analytics browser deactivation add-on” found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To activate the component inhibiting the collection of information about the user’s visit, just install it following the on-screen instructions, close and reopen the browser.
This site offers users some services made available by third parties, for instance the connection to social network services. In particular, the site offers plugins for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. These plugins do not set a cookie but, if this is already present on the computer or mobile, they can read it and use it according to its settings. Apart from these cases, where the user is willing to share his/her surfing details with the selected social networks, Galileo Network S.p.A. shares with social networks no other navigation or data information about the users acquired via the site. The collection and use of information by third parties are governed by the respective privacy laws which we suggest you refer to.
COOKIE MANAGEMENT AND CANCELLATION
Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can modify these settings so as to block cookies or be warned every time cookies are sent to the navigation device. Moreover, you can delete the cookies from your device at the end of each session. There are various ways to manage cookies, so please refer to the instructions relating to the browser you use. By selecting the connections below, you can access the specific instructions to manage cookies through some main browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, Safari. If you do not use one of the above-mentioned browsers, you can anyway select “cookies” in the relative guide section to discover where the cookie folder is.
If you use different devices to display and acces websites (for instance computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), it is your responsibility to ensure each browser is set on each device according to your cookie preferences.